Conference Material (Password Required)
This webinar will provide a foundational overview of the HIPAA Privacy Rule and Security Rule and important elements to include in your HIPAA Compliance Plan and related policies and forms. This webinar will also include additional important developments and updates related to the provision of telehealth services. Finally, this session will review recent enforcement action by the Office of Civil Rights related to HIPAA violations.
- Understand HIPAA Privacy Rule requirements.
- Understand HIPAA Security Rule requirements.
- Explore important updates if providing telehealth services.
- Review recent enforcement actions.
- Explore examples.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Foundational overview of HIPAA Privacy Rule.
- Foundational overview of HIPAA Security Rule.
- Important elements in a HIPAA Compliance Plan
- Necessary updates for telehealth compliance.
- Recent enforcement action.
- Common examples requiring compliance.
- Compliance director
- Privacy Officer
- Security Officer
- HIPAA Privacy Officers
- HIPAA Security Officers
- Information Security Officers
- Risk Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Privacy Officers
- Health Information Managers
- Information Technology Managers
- Information Systems Managers
- Medical Office Managers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Systems Managers
- Chief Information Officer
- Healthcare Counsel/lawyer
- Operations Directors
- Practice Groups
- Records Release Manager
- HR Director
- Office Manager
- Electronic Healthcare Information Systems Staff
About the Presenter
Amanda L. Waesch, ESQ. has experience of 18 years and operates a national healthcare practice and is licensed in both Ohio and Florida. She primarily focuses her practice on healthcare, employment law, corporate law, and healthcare litigation and advises all types of employers, in particular healthcare providers, including, hospitals and physicians, on various matters.
She also chairs the firm’s litigation team that is primarily responsible for handling all reimbursement audits and appeals for her firm’s healthcare clients and heads up BMD’s Provider Relations, Audit, Appeals, and Negotiations Unit (PRAAN) which handles all-payer audits, appeals, overpayments and payment extrapolations.