Conference Material (Password Required)
During this webinar, we will discuss preventive services for Medicare. We will go through the coding and billing requirements for the Welcome to Medicare Exam (IPPE), Medicare Annual Wellness Exam, Initial, Medicare Annual Wellness Exam, Subsequent and Screening Pelvic, and Breast exam. During this webinar, we will also outline some examples of bundled sets for Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptive (LARC). We find that creating bundle sets allows the providers to be able to capture all the codes in one bundle set in lieu of trying to capture each one and taking a chance on missing one or more of the items for billing.
- The participants will understand the documentation and coding requirements for the Welcome to Medicare Exam.
- The participants will understand the documentation and coding requirements for the Annual Wellness Visit.
- The participants will understand the documentation and coding requirements for the Medicare Breast and Pelvic Exam.
- The participants will learn some ideas for creating bundle sets for LARC
Areas Covered in the Session
- Medicare IPPE (Welcome to Medicare)
- Medicare AWV
- Screening Pelvic and Breast exam
- Credentialing and Enrollment Specialists
- Credentialing and Enrollment Experts
- Credentialing and Enrollment Leaders
- Healthcare Administrative Teams, Personnel
- Practice Managers
- Healthcare Billing Specialist
- Staff Providing NPI Support, NPPES Support
- PESC, CPMSM, CPCS
- Staff Providing CAQH Support
- Clinic Managers
- Allied Health Providers
- Advance Health Practitioner
- Office Managers
- Revenue Cycle
- Clinical Directors
- Practice Owners
- Claims Teams
About the Presenter
Ms. Sulzberger is a Licensed Practical Nurse and a Certified Professional Coder. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Mid America Nazarene University. Ms. Sulzberger received her nursing license in 1994 and was a practicing clinician at Saint Luke’s Health System for several years before transferring to the internal compliance/audit area. She became credentialed as a Certified Professional Coder in 1996 and assisted the Saint Luke’s Health System with performing medical record chart audits to verify the accuracy of the internal coding and claims processing.
Ms. Sulzberger spent approximately six years as a coding/billing consultant with National accounting and consulting firms (BKD, Grant Thornton) before becoming the President of Coding & Compliance Initiatives, Inc. (CCI) in April 2003. Ms. Sulzberger assists her clients with improving their operational performance in a variety of critical outcome areas, including coding/billing, corporate compliance, charge capture processes, etc. Ms. Sulzberger works with a variety of health care providers including hospitals, physician practices, and rural health clinics in their daily compliance and operational activities.
A substantial amount of Shellie’s time is spent providing education to the physicians and internal coding staff regarding opportunities for the clinic to improve its current documentation and coding practices, which impact both the revenue and compliance risk of the facility.