Conference Material (Password Required)
“Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise.” The basic process of billing in your practice revenue cycle is the foundation of a successful practice. This webinar will provide tools and resources to develop the necessary foundation for understanding and creating a successful billing process in your practice. Minimize denials, decrease AR, increase successful claims payments, and patient payments and learn new ways to add efficiencies to your current billing process. Understanding and implementing an efficient billing process in your practice leads to a successful revenue cycle. Missing even one step in the billing process can result in dire consequences for your practice— significant reimbursement reductions, increased denials, overpayments/recoupments, refunds, and ultimately audits that lead to massive fines and penalties.
This webinar will provide actionable tips that can help you bring in more of the reimbursement your practice is due. We will outline every step along the way in the billing and collections process, so you will walk away with the ability to bring in more of the reimbursement your practice is due. Whether you are a solo employee at a single provider practice, or you work at a large practice, this online training can help you improve the success of your billing process.
- Understand each step in the billing process and how one step affects the next.
- Tools for obtaining accurate information from patients.
- The importance of verifying coverage and benefits and asking the right questions when speaking with insurance companies.
- Understanding insurance language (i.e., HRAs, HSAs, deductibles, copays, coinsurance, etc.)
- Ensure claims are paid as quickly as possible by avoiding common errors and learning how to troubleshoot issues that will come up.
- How to communicate with patients both before and after they receive services when it comes to their financial obligations.
- Learn ways to reduce AR and increase patient and insurance payment collections.
- Learn how to respond to denials and appeals successfully and effectively
Areas Covered in the Session
- Full payment revenue cycle overview and breakdown
- Understanding insurance language including plan types: HMOs, PPOs, Medicare vs. Medicaid plans, Medicare advantage plans, Supplements, etc.
- Understanding provider staff roles in the billing process; the importance of having a cohesive team
- Understanding the patient’s role in the billing process
- Verifying patient benefits and communicating costs to patients
- Monitoring the financial state of the practice by regularly reviewing reports and identifying your practice’s key performance indicators (KPI)
- Claims submission and follow-up, troubleshooting denials, and determining when an appeal is necessary.
- How to write an effective appeal
- Billing Staff
- Practice Managers
- Administrative Staff
- Anyone who has a role in the revenue cycle of the practice
- Claims Adjusters
- Reimbursement Staff
About the Presenter
Sherri Lewis has over 15 years of working with a variety of medical professionals helping to ensure a thriving private practice. She has worked in all administrative positions, top to bottom assisting with reception, billing needs, credentialing, contracting, management, and more. She brings a robust understanding of all the details and requirements of having a successful and profitable revenue cycle with compassion for both patients and providers and their staff trying to navigate the financial side of their private practice. She is a Certified Professional Biller with the American Academy of Professional Coders and the owner of Billing Simplicity, LLC